Monday, June 29, 2009

Saturday Craziness

** Warning.. long post..sorry**
Last Saturday was kinda a Crazy day, Some of you already know. But for those that don't here is a recap! I was working out in the lawn and garden area of walmart. I really like working out at those registers for 3 reasons

1. It is much quieter, the rest of the store is so much louder!
2. My day goes by allot faster
3. I am able to walk around a little more so I am not just standing for long periods of time.

So I was out in lawn and garden, a man comes through my line with a boxed patio set. The box is huge and I was amazed that he even got in semi in a cart as it was. He had it in the basket so a corner was facing down.. It was really the only way to get part of the box in a cart. So he had to been balancing it with his other hand the whole time. Well as my luck would have it the barracode was on the bottom of the box. I was bending over trying to use my scan gun to scan the box so he would not have to lift the box very high at all and he looses his grip and BOP on the head I got hit! I could not believe he dropped it on my head! a 5 piece patio set! the box weighs over 50 Lbs easy. for a second I thought I was going to black out. it hurt so bad!! I don't know if I have ever had a headache like that before. The rest of the day I found it hard to concentrate... It was kind of a weird sensation.
so... after work I head out to the Mazda I had parked it on the far side against the building. I walked up from behind the Mazda, and right away I new something was different. I looked up at our back window (we have a vinyl of our family) saw the family vinyl so I was like, OK... this is my Mazda.. it took a few seconds to register the plates were missing! someone had unscrewed and stolen the licence plate!! So I called my brother Scott (he's a Deputy Sheriff) and asked him what to do. He told me to call the police, So I call the police and they told me they'd send someone on the way. I was like Crap! this is going to take forever I just know it. In the meantime Constance was at a my parents house. and I really just wanted to get her. But after a few minutes a Deputy called me and asked if we could just work everything over the phone!! yea I was so relived! So he told me that most likely the person had stolen a vehicle that looked like ours and they steal another plate to put on the vehicle they steal to try to confuse them.. (OK whatever) But he told me I had to go to the DMV and have new plates issued to me. Even though we had the second plate at home (we don't have one on the front of the Mazda) So today I went and stood in line for 30-40 min to get the new plates they only cost $10 and when I got home to try to screw the plates on, the screws I had bought from walmart were to fat so I have to get others tomorrow. The funny thing about this whole thing is that we had just registered the Mazda like 2 days before they stole the plates, it was 2 months past due. So we were driving it around illegal and finaly gotten the thing legal and then they stole the plates and we were back to driving around an illegal vehicle. So we had to drive around all weekend with our case # in case we got pulled over. Craziness!! but hey at least the Mazda is legal again :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That sounds exciting. I've always wondered about people stealing plates and if it's very common.

I hope there was no long-term damage from getting hit in the head. There are always horror stories about that sort of thing, so I'm glad you're okay.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry it was a suck a yucky day for you. At least they didn't steal the car right. Hope all is going well. This is Melissa by the way.