Monday, August 11, 2008

Fountain Diving??

This Evening on out walk, we went by the condos so Constance could see the ducks. Like yesterday she began to throw pine cones into the pond. Next thing I knew her foot slipped and she goes sliding into the pond, the water was up to her neck by the time I got to her. I am sooo thankful that I was able to get to her and that I was not afraid to jump in!! (I am soo afraid of deep water) it took a few minutes for me to get her out. The sides of the fountain pond were so scummy and slippery and the wall is on an angle. I literally had to lay against the wall and just try to push her up. she slipped back in a couple of times because it was soo slick. I am so thankful I was able to get her out and that I was able to get to her quick. The water was almost up to my neck at the part where I had to jump in to get to her. I am soo thankful that Heavenly Father helped me get her out. I know it was him who took away my fear so I could help my sweet little girl who was soo scared. I don't know if I will visit this little pond any time soon. and yes my phone was in my pocket and wont work now, hopefully when it drys out I will be able to get it to work. if not anyone can always call Cory's phone #

When I jumped in I slammed my knee into maybe what the water squirts out of and now it is very painful and a little swollen. it took my a good five minutes( at least it felt like it) for me to get out. with the angle of the wall anytime I tried to climb out I would slide to the bottom and poor Constance was watching me the whole time and crying. The only thing that was not slippery was the very edge of the pond (about 5 inches wide) so I had to try to grip this flat surface to get out. and wearing those plastic croc shoes probably didn't help any. and walking home through the few blocks in our apartment complex was not fun either. I can only imagine what people thought since we were covered in slimy green scum.
I am soo thankful to be home and safe! I just wish I could call my parents and tell them. They always make me feel better!
So now that Constance is out of the bath, it is shower time for me!!
P.S. Constance thinks we went swiming with the ducks :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Stacy, I am sooo glad that the two of you are ok. Thank God! That just about covers it.

Joyce Jones said...

This is so scary. I'm glad you thought of Constance and not your fear of water. We are truly blessed.

Joyce Jones said...

I am so glad you were brave enough to save Constance and yourself! It took courage. We love both of you.
Love, Dad.

PS I would like to replace your phone to reward your bravery.

Anonymous said...

That is crazy. I'm so glad you both made it out okay. It's so scary with little kids because they are SO quick!