Some People really frustrate me, they just have to respect. Me and Cory were at Walmart (not the one I work at)-- and we were over in the seasonal area. There was this lady who was walking around and opening things and then just leaving them. First I saw her open this package of Christmas tinsel she separated it all, looking at it and then just dropped it and was on her way. Then she was looking at some Christmas ball ornaments, opened of course. Next on to the lights! she opened a box of lights separated the whole strand and then had the nerve to just drop it all on the floor and walk away! at this point I was keeping my eyes open for an employee to talk to about her. I wasn't able to find one near by.
The last six weeks or so working at wall mart I have noticed something that kind of upsets me. I don't think that most of the costumers coming through my line have any respect for checkers. and if they do, they don't show it.
you see.. MOST of my costumers completely ignore me. I ask them how their day has been so far and if they found all that they came for, and I get no response. some of the time I think " oh they didn't hear me and I will re ask them. They will just look at me like I am an Idiot, and still I will get no response.
I don't no if this is EVIL or not, but some of the time, I will answer for them. Like when I ask them how they are doing? and they will look at me but not respond. I will say " good Stacy, I'm glad you asked, and how you doing?" and I will hold a conversation with myself. Yes I know, I am a dork. Unless something rings up wrong, then they yell at me like its my fault it rang up the wrong price! and then silly me since they yelled at me I think OK, now they will talk to me so I will try to converse with them after the problem is fixed. NOPE I get not a word.
I still get a few here and there that are still kind. But they are few and far apart. and I think it will get worse and worse the closer Christmas gets.
I am so thankful for the kind costumers that come through my line, the ones that will give me the time of day, and not blame me when things don't ring up the price they thought it was. The ones that if nothing else will still give me a smile. These are ones that make my day a little better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I can't believe that customer! I guess she doesn't realize that she's just going to make prices go up if she treats the store and its products like that.
Ethan loves to be cheery and visit with cashiers, and they are always surprised. It's like, "Wait a minute, is someone talking to me?" Now I can understand why they are so surprised. It's even worse here in Indiana because I think even fewer people are friendly with strangers.
Good luck dealing with them during the holidays!
I always talk to the checkers but I will try to be even better
Post a Comment