Friday, December 19, 2008

Thankful

Last night Constances mouth was really bothering her, to the point that she was crying nonstop and pointing to her teeth. I felt hopeless, It breaks my heart to see my little one hurting. We didn't know our home teachers phone numbers, (our ward directory is not up to date) but I was going through old handouts from church and managed to stumble onto my old visiting teachers phone number and her husband is our home teacher, so we called them and were able to have them come and give Constance a Blessing, she sat really still and was so good while they gave her, her blessing. After you could tell that she was feeling allot better. The spirit was so strong in our apartment after, it was like a warm blanket and it gave us all a hug. That night when I put her to bed she had a hard night at first, crying every 5 min or so. until about midnight when I surrendered and took a pillow and blanket to sleep in her room by her. After that she slept peacefully. and today she still is in pain, but she seems allot happier and stronger. She is more eager to still play today and to still get a few laughs out. And this morning I was so proud of her she ate 1 1/2 pancakes! (5 inch) and she did not fight as much today when I gave her the antibiotic, and pain killers. I am so grateful for Priesthood Blessings and the comfort and healing powers that they hold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to hear that. It's so heartbreaking when kids are sick, but the priesthood is able to bring such a comforting presence. What a great experience.