On Saturday since my glasses were broke they had me watching over the self scan registers. I really like working the self scan machines, though at times it is not easy watching 6 different registers, 7 if you count the one i stand at to watch over all of them. Well at about 12:15 the power shut down, and we know now from watching the news that it was the power box that exploded or whatever. The store was packed at the time. So after about 5-10 min of everyone waiting for the generators to kick in, the Managers realized that the generators were not going to come on, So ALL of the customers had to leave their carts right where they were, and all the workers had to start sorting what was perishable and put that away first, their walk in refrigerators were packed full of carts that were full of any kind of cold item. the same for the freezers. And then we had to put all of the other Items away. and then we had to "Front" every aisle meaning pulling all Items to the front of the shelves and straitening them. I was off at 3:30 but at 2 :50 they asked if I would like to go and since I was half blind that day (still no glasses) I eagerly agreed. But on the news they said the power did not turn back on till after 5pm On a bright note I found my spare pair of glasses when I got home that day YEA!!! I can see!!! there was a weird thing also Saturday, when I was leaving walmart there were still a few customers that would not leave, that were sitting waiting for the power to come on. They just did not want to come back they said. Who wants to sit at walmart for 5 hours for the power to come back on???
Porters Place..
If you live in Utah and you have not been to Porters Place in Lehi, you are missing out. It is named after Porter Rockwell himself. They have allot of Mystery drinks one is even " The Dishwater" or so its named. But they have a sandwich that I love its called Solder Sandwich the bottom layer is a slice of bread, on top of that there is a cheeseburger Pattie and then on the top its beanie weenies ( baked beans with slices of hot dogs) and they also have bacon and green peppers and onion stirred into there beanie weenies. So I am having that for dinner (without the bread) with Potato salad YUM YUM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
That is crazy! I've never had something like that happen in a store before. Weird.
Glad you found your spare glasses! I hate whenever I've had to go without my glasses/contacts. It makes everything so awkward.
I love Porters! They have the best scones. I also love the names of all their dishes, like The Destroying Angel. So fun.
Happy blogoversary!
Post a Comment